Thursday 2 January 2020

Moses didn't realize that his face was shining - but the people saw that his face was shining!

"When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord ... when he (Moses) came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded, 35 they saw that his face was radiant" (Exodus 34:29, 34-35).
Moses didn't realize that his face was shining - but the people saw that his face was shining! There's an important lesson for spiritual leaders here. Moses was too aware of his own shortcomings to realize how much blessing was coming out from him to the people. We should never think, "How much I've been blessed" without also thinking, "How much I've sinned." It's by the grace of God, that the blessing comes to us. It's by the grace of God that the blessing comes out from us and reaches out to others. We must never forget what Paul said about himself and his calling: "Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8). We must also remember the words that John the Baptist spoke about Jesus the Saviour: "He must become greater; I must become less" (John 3:30). May Paul's testimony also be our testimony: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Jesus died for us ...

What do we mean when we say, "Jesus died for us"? Who are the "us" for whom Jesus died? A number of years ago, I read...